Inter - Valencia (21 Feb 07)

Handoyo

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
25,084
Likes
50
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
Most Important Member
Hamed said:
lol, I don't understand near or far either, I just took enzee words and I thought that is what they are called.

All I saw in the goal is that JC seemed to be really close to where the ball went in and still let it in. In any case, his weakness in dead-balls seems not to go away (but considerably improved over last year.)
When the ball is not in the centre, or in a dead-ball situation, the goalkeeper tends to stay on one side of the goal. If he stays on the left side, the near post is the left side of the goal and the far post is the right side; vice versa. :)

Anyways, I can't fault him for conceding from such a shot. I can only fault him for conceding the goal by not properly placing the wall.

And every goalkeeper has their own weakness. J.Cesar's is clearly from free-kicks but I believe this is the first free kick he conceded in a year, since Del Piero scored that last minute winner in the Meazza last season.
 

NIKES0CCER14

Primavera
Primavera
Joined
Aug 10, 2004
Messages
319
Likes
0
Favorite Player
Quaresma, Balot
we can do this but this is the formation i would play.

-----------julio cesar-------------
maicon - cafe - matrix - grosso
----------------il drago------------
capitano------------------------Mariano
----------------il chino---------
il genio----------------------------l'imperatore
 

snake

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
21,377
Likes
58
10 years of FIF
Handoyo said:
And every goalkeeper has their own weakness. J.Cesar's is clearly from free-kicks but I believe this is the first free kick he conceded in a year, since Del Piero scored that last minute winner in the Meazza last season.

If it has been that long between free kicks how the hell can you call it a weekness? We concede many many free kicks and most hit the wall and everyone ignores it, then almsot a year after your last conceding free kick some fag named Villa kicks probably the greatest struck kick I have ever seen and suddenly you suck at free kicks.
 

Enzo

Prima Squadra
Prima Squadra
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
642
Likes
0
Favorite Player
Javier Zanetti
near post is always the post to the left of the keeper.

when Adriano scored that freak of a goal against Greece, their keeper (forgot his name, but he's a good keeper as well) after the match he said that it was his fault because he got beaten on his near post.

like strikers have the saying that the should never miss tap ins, goalkeepers how the theory of not being beaten on their near post.
 

Handoyo

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
25,084
Likes
50
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
Most Important Member
enzee said:
near post is always the post to the left of the keeper.

when Adriano scored that freak of a goal against Greece, their keeper (forgot his name, but he's a good keeper as well) after the match he said that it was his fault because he got beaten on his near post.

like strikers have the saying that the should never miss tap ins, goalkeepers how the theory of not being beaten on their near post.
Nope. You're wrong.

The goalkeeper got beaten in the near post because the ball went in the left side of the goal when he was on the left side.

Far and near post and depends on where the goalie stands.
 

Enzo

Prima Squadra
Prima Squadra
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
642
Likes
0
Favorite Player
Javier Zanetti
just watched Adriano's goal against Greece on youtube and I'm still confused but perhaps you're right.

either way, I think it's not true when people say that no keeper could've saved that shot, it would also be stupid to say something like Buffon or Casillas would've saved that shot as it's not a fact, but what I do know is that Cesar could've and should've done better with the free kick.
 

Ziyad

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
12,666
Likes
8
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
I dont think its a matter of saving or not saving it...JC has sucked in FK last year as well as penalties as he used to stand there and watch them go in..

This year however he improved alot and u actually see him close to saving that one.My beef is however is something i suggested last year as well in FK is to have a player or even two each at one end of the goal to make it smaller...!! WHy is that so hard when we have a weakness called FKS!!!

Its not like those players cant move up quickly after the kick is taken.
 

snake

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
21,377
Likes
58
10 years of FIF
Ziyad barely ANY team does that, and theres a good reason for that. So dont blame that on JC.

2nd, again I hear this weakness of freekicks. ffs, this was the first one of the year, correct me if im wrong. We have had the same keeper all year placing the SAME walls and they've worked every time, one goes through and hell breaks loose.

how about the notion it was just an amazing kick, thats all it is to me.
 

Ziyad

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
12,666
Likes
8
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
h2o said:
Ziyad barely ANY team does that, and theres a good reason for that. So dont blame that on JC.

2nd, again I hear this weakness of freekicks. ffs, this was the first one of the year, correct me if im wrong. We have had the same keeper all year placing the SAME walls and they've worked every time, one goes through and hell breaks loose.

how about the notion it was just an amazing kick, thats all it is to me.

I am not blaming JC for that it should be the coach's decision.If u notice i also said that he improved that aspect alot from last year.My suggestion is to lower the chances of conceding from FK's since thats one way to beat our great defence.

Oh yeah and a few pages before this one u would see that i thought it was one hella of a fk when we were talking about it live.
 

Handoyo

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
25,084
Likes
50
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
Most Important Member
h2o said:
Ziyad barely ANY team does that, and theres a good reason for that. So dont blame that on JC.

2nd, again I hear this weakness of freekicks. ffs, this was the first one of the year, correct me if im wrong. We have had the same keeper all year placing the SAME walls and they've worked every time, one goes through and hell breaks loose.

how about the notion it was just an amazing kick, thats all it is to me.
Not that I completely disagree with you but just because he hasn't conceded a free-kick in a year, I think, doesn't completely rule out that it's not his weakness.

For one, it could be because our opposition has been bad through set pieces. Matter of fact, for the purpose of this sole argument, let's just ignore if it's his weakness or not, he is still to be faulted for the first goal.

And Helal, he set the wall, and he's the one who should be blamed for the wall positioning. What do you mean by them placing the same wall all year long? :confused: He placed the wall on the near post, yes, but it's not too the left enough. That was the mistake. Ie, it's not where to place the wall but how wide to the left/right is the wall placed. It's different all year long man.
 

Waleed

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
2,731
Likes
0
Favorite Player
J.Zanetti and h
This is ridiculous I cant believe people are still discussing and blaming JC for that FK. That was a wonderfully struck ball that curved around the wall and back to within mm of the post and went in.

JC had the wall set up right because he had it in line with his far post, which is the post a 'keeper is furthest away from. There was no point in him adding another player to that wall because setting up the wall on the post is what every 'keeper does. There is no point in putting it further out from the post unless the FK is at an angle rather than from straight out like this one was.

The benefit of hindsight is amazing boys but I really dont think you can fault JC for what happened he did what he was supposed to do. If anything he was prolly just a step or two in the wrong direction otherwise it was a well struck shot that any 'keeper would not have been embarrassed to concede.

Furthermore, all this talk of near and far post bullshit is useless. A 'keeper conceding a goal near post in any situation is embarrassing. Usually if a striker is going to beat you it should be a shot across the face of goal, a tap in you cant get to or a header. But if you guys want to harp on this thing go ahead but I will tell you one thing you should have another look at the game again cause it was not JC that conceded a near post.
 

Suneet

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
16,285
Likes
8
Favorite Player
# 3
Forum Supporter
Waleed said:
This is ridiculous I cant believe people are still discussing and blaming JC for that FK. That was a wonderfully struck ball that curved around the wall and back to within mm of the post and went in.

JC had the wall set up right because he had it in line with his far post, which is the post a 'keeper is furthest away from. There was no point in him adding another player to that wall because setting up the wall on the post is what every 'keeper does. There is no point in putting it further out from the post unless the FK is at an angle rather than from straight out like this one was.

The benefit of hindsight is amazing boys but I really dont think you can fault JC for what happened he did what he was supposed to do. If anything he was prolly just a step or two in the wrong direction otherwise it was a well struck shot that any 'keeper would not have been embarrassed to concede.

Furthermore, all this talk of near and far post bullshit is useless. A 'keeper conceding a goal near post in any situation is embarrassing. Usually if a striker is going to beat you it should be a shot across the face of goal, a tap in you cant get to or a header. But if you guys want to harp on this thing go ahead but I will tell you one thing you should have another look at the game again cause it was not JC that conceded a near post.


All of the people blaming JC, cant sleep because they want Buffon at Inter.:stuckup:

I dont blame them for it, they've waited all this season to find one mistake JC has made. Makes me sad.:(
 

K.I.

Allenatore
Allenatore
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
9,549
Likes
494
Old username
Khaled
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
this is so funny,everyone blaming cesar lol i think hal has this covered so i really wont add anything to what he said and repeated.
 

Tommi

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Messages
2,311
Likes
22
Favorite Player
Ayrton Senna
Didnt really read other posts (only last few), but i´m not blaming Cesar. Villa´s freekick was marvellous! Only few keepers could´ve catch it...well, me at least.

I blame our strikers, we should´ve scored at least four goals. Crespo was wide open and should´ve scored, easily. There were few other great changes, but they blew it. I think we played rather good match (excepts last 15 or so minutes), but those few damn misses may cost us...may and may, i still believe we´ll go through though.

And by the way, our first goal was offside (Cambiasso)...lucky for us it was not caught.

Btw Hamed: I know you read this...Soooorrrry...i forgot that one thing the other day.
 

thomas_inter

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
May 6, 2006
Messages
1,212
Likes
0
Favorite Player
Javier Zanetti
M.Adnan said:
And I have to mention JC. This guy realy sucks when he faces a real freekicker. What would he do when we face Lyon(Juninho)? :lol:
Place Materazzi in the stands and don't give away any freekicks.

It doesn't matter who is between the posts when Juninho strikes a ball from a dead-ball situation, he is a magician.
 

Fabio

Allenatore
Allenatore
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
6,772
Likes
9
Which is why I always reckon there should be someone else on the line...
 

snake

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
21,377
Likes
58
10 years of FIF
Waleed, Tommi and Kal. im glad you guys can realise when a kick of such power and placement has been taken.

It was weird to hear he sucks from free kicks considering it has been his first all year. and then to hear he sucks setting up walls, consdiering his been placing them all year perfectly fine.
 

Handoyo

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
25,084
Likes
50
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
Most Important Member
h2o said:
and then to hear he sucks setting up walls, consdiering his been placing them all year perfectly fine.
You misunderstood me. He placed the wall wrong this time. I did not say that he sucks in setting up the walls.

It's like saying, Crespo finishing in this game sucks because he missed that guilt-edge chance. Saying this does not mean that I consider Crespo's finishing to be sucky.

A one-time thingee Hal. In your nightclub language, a one night stand Hal...ONE! ;)
 

Waleed

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
2,731
Likes
0
Favorite Player
J.Zanetti and h
Handoyo said:
guilt-edge chance.

Who tried this guy? And what is he guilty of?

:D :lol:

It is gilt-edged chance buddy.

And here I was thinking all you San Fransicoites were all that........

;)
 

M.Adnan

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
10,394
Likes
1,336
Favorite Player
Tomas Locatelli
10 years of FIF
Forum Supporter
thomas_inter said:
It doesn't matter who is between the posts when Juninho strikes a ball from a dead-ball situation, he is a magician.

Thats why people like Casillas can keep it only 0-3. ;)
 
Top