Roberto Mancini

Where will Mancini lead us this season?


  • Total voters
    111
  • Poll closed .

Suneet

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
16,285
Likes
8
Favorite Player
# 3
Forum Supporter
Jimmy said:
With all due respect for Mancini and his ability to coach, but his statement yesterday need to be highlighted:

"It would be better to end the championship there. The first-placed team wins and then you restart when things can be done properly."

This makes me just ashamed. No way in hell, I'd accept winning ANOTHER Scudetto by default.
If he truly means this, then he's an idiot. It sickened me to say the least, and just adds to the conspiracy theories that Inter is fine with winning the Scudetto off the pitch.


I think he's been misinterpreted Jimmy.

He was a creative player, entertainer, so he doesnt like playing to empty stands. Thats why he prefers to stop. I dont think I can defend him more, maybe the interview is incomplete.:)
 

billy_zwan

Primavera
Primavera
Joined
Feb 25, 2006
Messages
26
Likes
0
I hate it when people say we won the Scudetto off the pitch. We won all the points ON the pitch and got more points than the teams that cheated their way to points.


Jimmy said:
...

This makes me just ashamed. No way in hell, I'd accept winning ANOTHER Scudetto by default.
If he truly means this, then he's an idiot. It sickened me to say the least, and just adds to the conspiracy theories that Inter is fine with winning the Scudetto off the pitch.
 

Choppin Onions

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
11,664
Likes
3,402
Favorite Player
Skriniar
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
Meh, it was still won OFF the pitch. We got it handed to us and I don't think I even got excited about it. That's why it's imperative to win it ON the pitch this season.
 

CafeCordoba

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
35,857
Likes
15,707
Favorite Player
Toro, Barella
10 years of FIF
billy_zwan said:
I hate it when people say we won the Scudetto off the pitch. We won all the points ON the pitch and got more points than the teams that cheated their way to points.

Excuse me, but last season was not under investigation. They just handed point deductions for all the teams who were under investigation considering the 2004-2005 season. So Juventus was clearly the best team last season. And the Scudetto Inter was handed, is last season's Scudetto.
 

Stefan

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
24,160
Likes
5,056
Favorite Player
Zanetti
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Corriere dello Sport[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
Moratti calls up Mancini: If the Coach doesn’t renew his contract, he’ll hunt for Mourinho

[/FONT]
 

J zanetti

Capitano
Capitano
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
4,356
Likes
5
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
Stefan said:
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Corriere dello Sport[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
Moratti calls up Mancini: If the Coach doesn’t renew his contract, he’ll hunt for Mourinho

[/FONT]
Yeah I read that too. If true then that is a good move. After all we dont want a scenario where Mancini decides to leave as a "winner" by the end of this season and we are stuck with not too many great options. So either sign the damn thing very soon, or the special one it is!
 

cloudq

Allenatore
Allenatore
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
5,166
Likes
314
Favorite Player
RONALDO (the re
10 years of FIF
i pretty sure this is not the right time to be discussing a new contract

3 big games coming up and its generally not a good idea to divide your coach's attention

and mourinho or not, i would hate to begin to play defensive football, especially with mourinho's 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1

id rather have hiddink over mourinho
 

1919

Allenatore
Allenatore
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
6,646
Likes
9
Favorite Player
JZ
Eriksson is being linked today. C4 and goal.com has got the report.

i say why not Prandelli? except the fact that he does not have "european" experience, he is a fine coach - and he earns points while playing attractive soccer
 

Stefan

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
24,160
Likes
5,056
Favorite Player
Zanetti
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
The special one is the only one I would accept.:stuckup:
 

rockball

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
12,156
Likes
595
Favorite Player
Nicolooo
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
Stefan said:
The special one is the only one I would accept.:stuckup:

I d take Hiddink anyday
 

Stefan

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
24,160
Likes
5,056
Favorite Player
Zanetti
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
rockball said:
I d take Hiddink anyday

Hiddink is totally unproven outside of Hollan in club football. The special has won in portugal and england. Gotten to the semi's with chelsea and won the cl with porto.
 

Suneet

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
16,285
Likes
8
Favorite Player
# 3
Forum Supporter
Stefan said:
Hiddink is totally unproven outside of Hollan in club football. The special has won in portugal and england. Gotten to the semi's with chelsea and won the cl with porto.


Agreed.

I still think Mancio will sign a renewal, though. Moratti wants him to continue going by his statements.:D . But you never know....:lol:
 

Handoyo

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
25,084
Likes
50
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
Most Important Member
I say fuck all this rumour and stand by Mancini for all the work he has done for us this season. :stuckup:

I don't know how serious Mancini is in the contract renewal process but unless he displays a bad attitude, we shouldn't even be talking about his replacement.


Hand;)yo
 

rockball

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
12,156
Likes
595
Favorite Player
Nicolooo
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
Stefan said:
Hiddink is totally unproven outside of Hollan in club football. The special has won in portugal and england. Gotten to the semi's with chelsea and won the cl with porto.

Hiddink has done fantastic things with countries in WC...
Jose has won a lot but I dont want f***** crybabies who dont know a shit about being humble or have any sportsmanship at Inter
 

Stefan

La Grande Inter
La Grande Inter
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
24,160
Likes
5,056
Favorite Player
Zanetti
Forum Supporter
10 years of FIF
rockball said:
Hiddink has done fantastic things with countries in WC...
Jose has won a lot but I dont want f***** crybabies who dont know a shit about being humble or have any sportsmanship at Inter

I want a winner. I don't give a crap if people think Jose is arragant. He has proven himself to be a winner.

And the WC don't mean anything when it comes to club football. there's a massive difference between the 2.
 

Goodfella

Primavera
Primavera
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
7
Likes
0
Favorite Player
Dejan Stankovic
Handoyo said:
I say fuck all this rumour and stand by Mancini for all the work he has done for us this season. :stuckup:

I don't know how serious Mancini is in the contract renewal process but unless he displays a bad attitude, we shouldn't even be talking about his replacement.


Hand;)yo

I have to agree with you. Mancini has done extremely well this season and I think Inter should stick by him.
 

Forza ragazzi

Allenatore
Allenatore
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
6,738
Likes
2
Favorite Player
Javier Zanetti
If we go out vs Valencia then we can change. We are having an easy championship, face it, and if we don't do well in CL then we're at status quo, really. It means Mancini has taken us as long as he can.
 

Barbas

Prima Squadra
Prima Squadra
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
536
Likes
0
Forum Supporter
he proved he does not have enough balls with the players he fielded at inter-valencia. till now, valencia gave the heaviest pressure on him. imagine, next season serie A is probably (much?) harder for us. if he face up valencia in the next match with the same mentality, i prefer to look for another manager (mourinho ofc :D).
 
Top